Date(s) - 11/22/2017
8:00 am - 11:30 am
Mental Health & Wellbeing Workshop
Creating a Psychologically Safe Workplace
A hands-on and engaging professional development workshop.
Join our experts…
including the foundation Mental Health Commissioner of Queensland, Dr Lesley van Schoubroeck and Synergy’s Health & Wellbeing Manager, Shannyn Dodrill, in addressing the individual, organisational and environmental factors that can impact on levels of wellbeing.
A sense of urgency and action
There have been multiple reports produced in Australia on addressing wellbeing and creating psychologically healthy workplaces. As a result, there is a better understanding of the actions that can measurably improve wellbeing outcomes.
This workshop directly addresses these factors and draws on the learnings of its speakers and workshop leaders to provide both a philosophy and information on solid direction and action.
“Through the successful implementation of an effective action to create a mentally healthy workplace, organisations, on average, can expect a positive return on investment of 2.3 times.”
Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance – “Creating a mentally healthy workplace: Return on investment analysis” – PwC commissioned report 2014
Workshop learning outcomes
- How to identify the factors that impact wellbeing.
- Proven approaches to creating a mentally healthy work environment.
- How the application of the cognitive sciences raises optimism and improves wellbeing.
- How to identify and measure key elements of a mentally healthy culture.
- How to apply the practical learning from a live case study in developing a psychologically safe workplace.
The World Health Organisation defines a state of wellbeing as one in which every individual realises his or her potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.