Date(s) - 07/04/2017
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join international expert, Michael J O’Brien, to review the latest science in Mindsetting; why traditional ‘deficit model’ diagnostic tools and purely behaviour-based training methodologies are not producing the performance levels organisations need to be globally competitive.
Mindset: “a set of assumptions or methods, held by one or more people that is so established that it creates a powerful incentive within these people to adopt or accept prior behaviours, choices or tools, irrespective of consequence”
To register for this event, or to obtain further information, please follow the buttons on the left-hand side of this page.
The Latest Science
We explore the practical application of MINDSETTING and best practice methodologies for embedding sustainable change and the core drivers of effective thinking and positive behaviour: beliefs, values, attitudes, habits and awareness.
New Diagnostic Tools
We introduce The Cultural BluePrint™, a contemporary diagnostic tool that better measures key drivers of high performance, leadership and cultures of excellence needed to succeed in a rapidly changing and highly competitive new world environment.
Who Should Come
Human resource and organisational development professionals, executives and leaders with a vested interest in affecting sustainable change in their workforce. Applications include: Leadership; Health & Safety; Risk Management; Individual Well-Being; High Performance Teams and Cultures of Excellence.
- 8:00am – Registration
- 8:30 to 10:00 – Session 1: Mindsetting –New insights into leading and sustaining cultural change through mindset-based diagnostics and solutions.
- 10:00 to 10:30 – Morning tea will be served.
- 10:30 to 12:00 – Session 2: Practical Application –A practical and fun, hands-on application of earlier learning on The Cultural BluePrint™ and Mindsetting.
The Sessions Will Cover
Over the two 90 minute sessions, Mike will take you through the following:
- Key learning from 30+ years experience in workforce development
- Getting to the underlying causes of under-performance
- Best practice in achieving sustainable cultures of excellence
- Linking Mindset and measurement to tangible strategic outcomes
- The shift from the ‘deficit model’ to the ‘strength-based approaches’ to build sustainable high performance
- The core drivers of effective thinking and behaviour
- Application to well-being, health & safety, leadership and team performance.
- The latest science in embedding methodology.
- Practical applications for your business.
About Mike and BluePrint™
Over the last 8 years, Mike has collaborated with Dr Amy Young, the University of Michigan and The Pacific Institute, to analyse new research and to address the shortcoming of existing cultural and leadership diagnostic tools. The result is BluePrint™, an entirely new diagnostic toolset, that goes beyond existing cultural measurement tools, to examine mindsets that drive effective thinking and high-performance behaviours. Mike O’Brien’s is the Director of Research and Application at The Pacific Institute and has led some of the world’s top companies to new perspectives of their cultural strengths and challenges.Mike is viewed across the world as a culture and leadership expert, helping to improve teamwork, management, leadership and culture. Mike originates from Canada and received a Business Administration (Honours) degree from Wilfrid Laurier University in 1986 and a Master of Education degree from The University of Western Ontario in 1994.
Mike is a pioneer in diagnostics, having led Human Synergistics Canada, before forming Star Performance Group. During his career, Mike has been fortunate to advise and consult with some remarkable organisations, including; American Airlines, Caterpillar, Colgate Palmolive, Department of Homeland Security, Disney, Hewlett Packard, Houston Rockets, Manchester College of Arts and Technology, Ontario Hydro, Royal Bank of Canada, SASOL, Shell Oil and the University of Michigan.